Dependent Smart Actions not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-11 05:21:37
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

Hi @Carl,

I have the following

Switch HS200 Hardware v5 firmware v1.0.2

Camera KC400 Hardware v1 firmware v2.3.7

Switch HS210 hardware v3 firmware v1.0.2

I am trying to archive the following, when motion is detected between x hours turn on all lights, since I can add only one switch to the action I created another action to turn on the second switch when first switch is turned on via motion.

I have create following Smart Action

When motion (KS400) is detected turn on switch HS200 if between 11pm and 5am (this works)

I have created another smart action "Control with Switch" if HS200 is triggered, trigger HS210, if HS200 is triggered manually it works but if via above motion action (this doesn't work).

What am I missing or is this not possible?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Dependent Smart Actions not working
2022-01-11 16:59:41

@Aravot 

Can you send a snapshot of how the Control with a Switch is configured?

Options
2022-01-12 04:22:01

@Carl 

Please see screengrab.

TP-Link

TP-Link

Options
2022-01-12 16:39:19

@Aravot 

Thank you and to be clear these two smart actions are marked as active?  I ask because I have had customers who have setup multiple smart actions and assumed all were automaically active, but only 3 can be active.  

Just want to rule it out because of that. 

Options
2022-01-16 17:40:55

@Carl , if by active you mean smart action enabled, yes.

TP-Link

What do you mean by 3 can be active, do you mean if we have 15 smart actions only 3 can be active, if so this is not good, I am just starting with Kasa and already have about 7 to 8 actions in mind, please confirm as I don't want to spend $300 to $400 chaning hardware to find out it will not work.

Options
2022-01-17 18:02:11

@Aravot 

Yes at this time, and since the feature was added Smart Actions is limited to 3 active at one time.  As you have seen several devices can be linked to a single smart action.  For example with the "Control with Smart Switch"  you can have several "action" devices when the a smart switch is triggered.  

With the Garage Test; The Outside Up and Outside Down, are these seperate switches or status of the same switch?  

Options
2022-01-18 00:12:51

@Carl ,

Outside Up and Outside Down are separate switches (HS210), bottom of the stairs & top of the stairs and garage test is HS200 switch, the names are for testing before I went out and purchased more, but it seems I will be looking at other solution since 3 active smart actions is not enough unless you have plan to expand to 20+ active actions.

Options
2022-01-18 18:03:26

@Aravot 

Okay so then the two HS210s are controlling the same lights?  My understanding is that only one HS210 is active when using both on the same lights.  This is because only one switch has constant power, whichever is the switch on the line side.  The other switch should not be on network and acts more or less as a dummy switch.  If both are one and the HS210 you have set to the smart action is the one that is acting as the "dummy" switch that could be the case.  Can you confrim if they are the same circuit?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 518

Replies: 7