Connecting light strip to WIFI

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-24 17:39:54 - last edited 2022-01-26 01:47:19
Model: KL430  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am attempting to connect the Kasa KL400 at a friends house but cannot get the light to connect. I am getting a messge when trying to learn it in that says "Connected with no internet". 

I"ve connected six Kasa devices in my own home and never had an issue. 

Is there a setting I should be looking at on my friends phone?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connecting light strip to WIFI-Solution
2022-01-25 01:01:11 - last edited 2022-01-26 01:47:19

Hello@EdJW 

Please try to add a device in the kasa app and follow the APP instruction to set it up. Kasa Smart XXX WiFi SSID itself has no Internet: 

IOS app:  will guide to connect to kasa Smart Device WiFi so the APP could find smart device, then  manually connect to SmartXX WiFI and go back to kasa app

Android app:  will try to look after smart device directly, if it could not find smart device/ unable to connect to Smart XX WiFi, try to manually connect to Smart XX WiFI and go back to kasa app.

Make sure phone VPN is off

Here is a guide that might help: What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Connecting light strip to WIFI-Solution
2022-01-25 01:01:11 - last edited 2022-01-26 01:47:19

Hello@EdJW 

Please try to add a device in the kasa app and follow the APP instruction to set it up. Kasa Smart XXX WiFi SSID itself has no Internet: 

IOS app:  will guide to connect to kasa Smart Device WiFi so the APP could find smart device, then  manually connect to SmartXX WiFI and go back to kasa app

Android app:  will try to look after smart device directly, if it could not find smart device/ unable to connect to Smart XX WiFi, try to manually connect to Smart XX WiFI and go back to kasa app.

Make sure phone VPN is off

Here is a guide that might help: What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Connecting light strip to WIFI
2022-01-25 12:03:22

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for the help, much appreciated

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 546

Replies: 2

Related Articles