HS210: no 2nd black wire

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-04 12:43:13

I have a black wire, red wire, white wire, and copper wire, but there's no second black wire. The previous switch was on a three way circuit, but I'm thinking now that one of the switches wasn't a 3 way switch because power would only be there if all of the switches were on. So, we only use one switch, the switch I'm replacing with a HS 210. I deleted the other two switches. It was working fine with the old switch. I get power with the new switch, and I can connect to it through the phone. The lights just won't turn on and off. Any ideas?

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS210: no 2nd black wire
2022-02-04 16:46:51

@Murphy77776 

How many switches control the lights?  Is it just 2 or are three 3?  If three it would seem that you actually have a 4-way environment, which is 2 3-way switches and a single-pole switch between. @B.Will  You have been very helpful in the past with wiring questions could you possibly look at this thread and give your expert insight?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 429

Replies: 1