Updating Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Updating Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Updating Firmware
Updating Firmware
2022-02-05 20:20:25 - last edited 2022-12-07 18:56:27

So I updated the firmware on my HS300 and it is REALLY annoying that power shuts off to update the firmware. Is there no way for the device can update the firmware without powering off everything? Also why is it that within the Kasa app if I want to update the firmware it's all or nothing, I can't update the firmware on a specific power strip.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Updating Firmware-Solution
2022-02-08 10:52:58 - last edited 2022-12-07 18:56:27

@undead9786 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

After HS300 updates firmware, it needs to reboot itself, so that's the reason why all the client lose power at that time.

Currently, our HS300 doesn't support firmware upgrade for a certain device, but we appreciate your feedback. I will log this feature request and pass it along to the team. I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility. Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Updating Firmware-Solution
2022-02-08 10:52:58 - last edited 2022-12-07 18:56:27

@undead9786 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

After HS300 updates firmware, it needs to reboot itself, so that's the reason why all the client lose power at that time.

Currently, our HS300 doesn't support firmware upgrade for a certain device, but we appreciate your feedback. I will log this feature request and pass it along to the team. I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility. Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 241

Replies: 1

Related Articles