Two Homes in Two Different States with different ISPs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-25 04:32:51
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a house in Virginia set up with lots of KASA devices for several years: love your products and they work great! I recently inherited a second home in Point Harbor NC, so I immediately purchased and installed many KASA smart switches. They all blink green/orange, I find them in my wifi settings, I connect them successfully, then return to the KASA app for the next step; however, at that point, I cannot complete the process. Reading the comments, it seems that the community has a lot of problems in general when it comes to second homes. It never crossed my mind that multiple homes might be an issue. All my other apps (Ring, Nest, Alexa, Schlage, and Smart Things) have a very intuitive setup for multiple homes. I have tried resetting all with the button on the right, but that did not work. Turning off cellular data did not work. Please email me to schedule a phone consultation as I have been dealing with KASA bots and email for several days without success. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Two Homes in Two Different States with different ISPs
2022-03-25 14:31:13

@KateInVirginia 

While Kasa products can be setup in different homes with in the same account is its not recommended at this time.  The reason being is the the Timezone Sync.  Right now its a global setting so if you sync or manually set the time zone it is applied to all of your devices, regardless where they are at.  As this situation isn't all that common I personally was not aware of this issue until very recently.  In fact I litterally just sent this feedback to the team this week.  What has been suggested is like with Google that users are allowed to setup different "Homes"  so devices can be better seperated and can have their timezones indivdually set by the home and not a global setting.  If we get any feedback or this feature is launched we will make a thread in the Official Annoucements section.

Options