No power to unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No power to unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No power to unit
No power to unit
2022-03-27 18:31:23
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm not able to get the switch to power on. I've tried every possible configuration including buying a new unit. There's power to the switch box. I've swapped out a typical dumb switch and it works fine but when I attach the smart switch, the wifi light never comes on, nor do the lights that it should control.

Options
2 Reply
Re:No power to unit
2022-03-28 13:22:05

@seanmckeownyoun If the new unit didn't work that pretty much narrows it down to a wiring problem.  Very likely the wires aren't doing what you think - often white is NOT neutral in switch boxes.  Did you verify power with a meter or are you assuming because the old switch worked?  Non-smart switches do not need neutral, the HS220 will not operate without it.  You'll probably need to track down what each wire is doing to sort this, and if there's no neutral available you won't be able to use the HS220 there.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
Re:No power to unit
2022-03-29 00:19:55

@seanmckeownyoun 

Can you send a picture of how the switch is wired?  @MikeP is right it is likely a wiring issue so this will help us identify it. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 418

Replies: 2

Related Articles