How to know if someone is watching from your cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-06 04:13:56 - last edited 2022-04-07 01:53:07
Model: KC115  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I find it disturbing that there's no option to see who is linked to my account and viewing my home. I recently became single and my ex is the person who showed me this system, set me up to view their home so I could get use to this system and now I'm afraid they're watching my every move. I've been through every setting and can't identify if anything has been tampered with but I'm still new. My ex use to go through my phone while I was sleep, there's no telling what she's done and hidden. I request an immediate update that the account holder can and will be the only person able to make changes and every notification that's pertaining to the privacy to the account be confidential so no one's privacy be compromised. Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to know if someone is watching from your cameras
2022-04-08 01:41:32

Hello  @Ehg2 

Only users who have the account information or shared account could access the camera,  for your concern here are some tips that worth a try.

• If the camera was set up under your tp-link account/ email address, the best step would be reset the password of your account and set a new & strong password. In this way, the account will be logged out and requires to relogin on other devices. 

• If you are the owner of the camera but it was bound to another email address, you may factory reset the camera and set it up again in Tapo APP, in this way the camera will be bound to your account and others can not access to it.  

Thank you for the feedback about who is linked to the account / viewing the camera, it is encouraged to leave your idea in Tapo Feature Request Board, and user who are interested could vote or thumb up/ comment for it, this helps to organize similar feedback and share them with our team for consideration. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5495

Replies: 1