Votes

Support for Samsung Smarthings Edge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-13 23:23:33 - last edited 2022-12-07 18:39:00

Hello,

Does Kasa plans to provide lua drivers for Samsung SmartThings Edge for switches, bulbs, etc? This is going to provide local execution with low latency to the users and take considerable load off of your cloud servers.

Thanks,

B

Options
2 Reply
Re:Support for Samsung Smarthings Edge
2022-05-03 20:55:43 - last edited 2022-12-07 18:39:00

@MrBh 

TP-Link's compatiblity with Samsung SmartThings is cloud to cloud based, not hardware or software.  As i understand it TP-Link Kasa is fully compatible with Samsung SmartThings and only requires linking your Kasa account to your SmartThings account, much like linking it to Alexa or Google Assistant.  Because of this no there is no plans for hardware or software releases in conjuction with 3rd party services like SmartThings. 

Options
Re:Support for Samsung Smarthings Edge
2022-05-05 23:05:44 - last edited 2022-12-07 18:39:00

Thanks for replying. Do you plan to support "Matter" standard?

I am asking because I want to purchase more tp-link kasa products but I want to know that in future I will be able to execute my routines locally, fast and not in cloud.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 351

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.