Smart plug not connecting to Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-20 20:07:51 - last edited 2022-04-22 01:03:52
Model: KP100  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I'm trying to add a fifth smart plug to my home system, and it recognizes and joins the network just fine, but then always comes back with a "no Internet connection" error message.  I already have four plugs working perfectly on this network, so I am stuck!  I've reset this new plug several times as well, but nothing helps. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Smart plug not connecting to Internet-Solution
2022-04-21 18:53:49 - last edited 2022-04-22 01:03:52

@Solla-topee 

thanks! That worked...!

Solla-topee wrote

Hello  @Austex 

Kasa APP requires phone to connect to router Wi-Fi first before add a device,  then follow the app instruction to add smart device.

'no Internet connection' could be due to your phone accidentally connect to smart XX SSID at that time, please switch phone  to Wi-Fi of router ( turn off mobile data  ) and try again. 

Here is a troubleshooting instruction for more details: What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart plug not connecting to Internet
2022-04-21 01:12:11 - last edited 2022-04-22 01:03:50

Hello  @Austex 

Kasa APP requires phone to connect to router Wi-Fi first before add a device,  then follow the app instruction to add smart device.

'no Internet connection' could be due to your phone accidentally connect to smart XX SSID at that time, please switch phone  to Wi-Fi of router ( turn off mobile data  ) and try again. 

Here is a troubleshooting instruction for more details: What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

Options
Re:Smart plug not connecting to Internet-Solution
2022-04-21 18:53:49 - last edited 2022-04-22 01:03:52

@Solla-topee 

thanks! That worked...!

Solla-topee wrote

Hello  @Austex 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Smart plug not connecting to Internet
2022-04-22 01:04:12 - last edited 2022-04-22 01:06:52

@Austex Great, glad to hear that the above helps!teeth smile

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1841

Replies: 3

Related Articles