Live view on all Kasa cameras not working on my Wi-Fi, but with cellular connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Live view on all Kasa cameras not working on my Wi-Fi, but with cellular connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-28 13:17:29

Hi all, I have several Kasa cameras installed in our house. When I pull up the cameras on the iPhone app, they appear as online and working, but when I tap on any camera for a live view, it shows up as "connecting". Same result if I turn off cellular and have it on Wi-Fi only. When I turn off Wi-Fi and go to cellular only, everything is working normal. I also have Kasa cameras in another house and those all work normally when I'm connected to my Wi-fi and cellular.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Live view on all Kasa cameras not working on my Wi-Fi, but with cellular connection
2022-04-30 10:50:07

Hello   @jumbo777 

If Live view does not load when your phone is connected to the router Wi-Fi network, it should be related to home wifi environment, you could try some tips here

- adjust modem/ router firewall settings or check if any request from kasa camera has been blocked by modem or router firewall 

- reboot camera

- change router DNS settings to 8.8.8.8, secondary DNS to 8.8.8.8, save the settings , reboot router and camera

-Try a different phone

If still the same, can I know the model of router and network topology. e.g ISP Spectrum -- router <Wireless> Camera

Can you share the MAC address of camera by private message, app version , model of phone and is Andriod or IOS version, thank you. 

Options
Re:Live view on all Kasa cameras not working on my Wi-Fi, but with cellular connection
2022-04-30 19:07:22

@Solla-topee Thanks, I'm pretty sure it's with the router settings. I have the Eero pro 6. Not a big deal at home, since I can simply switch to cellular only. In other areas with wi-fi, it's working fine. Thanks for your help.

Options
2022-05-09 09:13:42

@jumbo777 Appreciated your understanding.  Sometimes it's the firewall from ISP/ Router/Modem affects the ports or requested sent by camera, you could try to adjust firewall settings if needed. 

Options
2022-10-31 02:53:41

@jumbo777 

Just wanted to add that I am having the same issue.   I can connect and stream via cellular but it will not stream when both devices are on my wifi.  I will try some of the suggested setting here.   No big deal as I just switch to cellular and check my cameras.  

Options
2022-12-17 04:00:41

@jumbo777 I had the exact same issue. It began after my s21 received the Android 13 update. What fixed it for me was turning off the Safe Browsing option in the Network section of AT&T's ActiveArmor bloatware app.

Options
2022-12-28 04:13:48

@jumbo777  por favor ayudeme restaurar m    a mi cuenta waldemarchilel81@gmail.comi cuenta o mi dispositivo

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1033

Replies: 6