Live view on all Kasa cameras not working on my Wi-Fi, but with cellular connection

Live view on all Kasa cameras not working on my Wi-Fi, but with cellular connection

2022-04-28 13:17:29

Hi all, I have several Kasa cameras installed in our house. When I pull up the cameras on the iPhone app, they appear as online and working, but when I tap on any camera for a live view, it shows up as "connecting". Same result if I turn off cellular and have it on Wi-Fi only. When I turn off Wi-Fi and go to cellular only, everything is working normal. I also have Kasa cameras in another house and those all work normally when I'm connected to my Wi-fi and cellular.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Live view on all Kasa cameras not working on my Wi-Fi, but with cellular connection
2022-04-30 10:50:07

Hello   @jumbo777 

If Live view does not load when your phone is connected to the router Wi-Fi network, it should be related to home wifi environment, you could try some tips here

- adjust modem/ router firewall settings or check if any request from kasa camera has been blocked by modem or router firewall 

- reboot camera

- change router DNS settings to 8.8.8.8, secondary DNS to 8.8.8.8, save the settings , reboot router and camera

-Try a different phone

If still the same, can I know the model of router and network topology. e.g ISP Spectrum -- router <Wireless> Camera

Can you share the MAC address of camera by private message, app version , model of phone and is Andriod or IOS version, thank you. 

2022 TP-Link Wi-Fi 7 Product Launch Event | Watch the Replay at https://www.tp-link.com/us/wifi7/event/.
Options
Re:Live view on all Kasa cameras not working on my Wi-Fi, but with cellular connection
2022-04-30 19:07:22

@Solla-topee Thanks, I'm pretty sure it's with the router settings. I have the Eero pro 6. Not a big deal at home, since I can simply switch to cellular only. In other areas with wi-fi, it's working fine. Thanks for your help.

Options
2022-05-09 09:13:42

@jumbo777 Appreciated your understanding.  Sometimes it's the firewall from ISP/ Router/Modem affects the ports or requested sent by camera, you could try to adjust firewall settings if needed. 

2022 TP-Link Wi-Fi 7 Product Launch Event | Watch the Replay at https://www.tp-link.com/us/wifi7/event/.
Options
2022-10-31 02:53:41

@jumbo777 

Just wanted to add that I am having the same issue.   I can connect and stream via cellular but it will not stream when both devices are on my wifi.  I will try some of the suggested setting here.   No big deal as I just switch to cellular and check my cameras.  

Options