all kasa devices are disconnected from google home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-04 22:43:57
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

this has been several hours of troubleshooting with nothing to show for it.

i have about 30 smart kasa smart switches in the house and i realized that my girlfriend didn't have access to them in google home -- despite being a member. at this point, kasa had been working thru google home for about 8 months thru my phone.

i tried to link my kasa account to her google home and that seemingly broke everything.  everything from her device showed as offline and when i went to unlink kasa from her phone it was not listed as a linked device -- but was for my phone. i then went into google account security to see linked accounts and kasa was there so i unlinked it on her phone. after doing that, my phone lost all connectivity to kasa thru google home.

since then i have tried: restarting router, flipping my breakers off and on, deleting the house from google home, re-creating a home. with new homes, no tp kasa link, etc.. the devices are still listed in both of our  google home apps. offline, can't delete, can't do anything with them.

last night the most promising thing happened: i switched google home to a second google account and it had no kasa devices listed. i linked kasa with this new account and everything was online. i created a home and added one switch to the home and it was online and working from both of our phones. went to bed.

today: i began to add the rest of the devices to the home. the second device i added went from online to disconnected. the first device was still good. i added a few more and they all went to disconnected. so tried a "sync my devices" voice command and then every single device went offline and i could no longer unlink kasa from this  google account through the regular method within google home.. had to go to account security. again, i now have 30 disconnected devices in google home and neither phones can use kasa.

i know that google home is at least communicating with kasa because if i delete a device from kasa, rename, factory reset and resetup, etc google home will pick that up right away. so confusing.

anyone have any ideas? would be greatly appreciated before i ditch all of my google homes for echo or anything else... 30+ switches and outlets are way more expensive than some speakers.

Options
3 Reply
Re:all kasa devices are disconnected from google home
2022-05-05 00:38:09

@hsgh 

Just to get this out of the way, the way that this should be configured is by inviting your girlfriend to your home, this way she could switch between her home and yours in the application. Unfortunately, I dont know why the devices are not being removed in the google home app. 

Have you tried going through the cog wheel on a device to unlink the connection? I don't know if this is any different than unlinking in account services. 

The other option would be to go as if you were adding a new device that works with google (in the plus in the top left), and see if you can either reconnect or disconnect the Kasa account. 

It may also not be a bad idea to uninstall and reinstall the google home app to clear any data that has been stored on your phone regarding the devices.

Let me know if anything changes.

Options
2022-05-05 02:13:51

@Riley_S 

She was invited to the home but nothing kasa related was showing up, which is why I thought I should link my kasa account to her google account.

When going to the cogwheel in google home - > unlink tp kasa - > it takes me to the list of things that can be added. normally tp link kasa should be at the top and under its own tab "linked devices".

google home, google assistant and kasa have been reinstalled on both phones.

so i did factory reset some switches multiple times with zero luck. i ended up splitting my wifis 2.4/5ghz signals into separate SSIDs because thats really the only thing i hadn't changed. continued with another factory reset and so far the few i have reset have automatically shown back up in google home. at no point have i had issues with remote access through the kasa app. only issues with google home since the home invite

which is unfortunate because every switch in my house is a smart switch :\

despite not ever having any prior actual issues when i needed to use the devices from the app.  i have noticed some switches have occasionally had a flashing wifi signal.. i ordered a poe access point to put in the middle of the house(router is in corner of the house). will continue to setup the rest of the devices when that is delivered. 

/shrug

Options
2022-05-12 18:53:31

@hsgh 

Did you make sure that all of the devices in your Google home app aren't just in the linked to your section at the bottom? This would allow the Google Home Devices to be controlled by Voice, but would only show up in the home app for your account. If you make sure to add them to a room, they should appear on other accounts' applications. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 885

Replies: 3