Help with creating smart switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-01 00:10:33

We recently purchased a UV light bulb for some of our indoor plants. Unfortunately it keeps getting left off or on. I was thinking it would be nice to set it to turn on and off with the sunrise and sunset, but I'm not sure how to do that. The switch is a little unconventional, and it doesn't really meet any of the formats I've seen with Kasa or any of the other smart app providers. Here's a picture of it, and I'd love some suggestions.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Help with creating smart switch
2022-06-01 00:25:20

@Drewbacca 

I know the faceplates can be deceiving but in most cases, these are just normal switches sharing a faceplate.  If you take it off you should see two separate switches and an outlet.  For TP-Link smart switches, you need to make sure there is a neutral wire.  For single-pole switches, you also need to make sure that Load and Line wires are separate wires as well.  Our switches are decora-style so universal decora faceplates will work with them but they only come with a  single-dim faceplate.  If your UV light can be plugged in to an outlet then I would suggest the KP200 or the HS105.  A KP200 would replace your current outlets and give you two smart outlets and then the HS105 just plugs into the existing one.  HS105 is the easiest one to install and use.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 248

Replies: 1