Votes

Allow the customers the option to use the EP40 outdoor plug without a TP-Link account

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Re-instate "local mode". Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Allow the customers the option to use the EP40 outdoor plug without a TP-Link account

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Re-instate "local mode". Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-05 14:26:32 - last edited 2022-12-07 18:52:21
Model: EP40  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

For years, I have been enjoying my cluster of HS110 and KP115 smart wifi plugs without an account. Using local-only access, every time I setup a new phone, I have been loving the fact my plugs allow the ability to control and view energy monitoring without a TP-Link account.

After deciding to expand to start using the outdoor models, I bought the EP40 thinking it would be a seamless integration like before. Instead, the Kasa app is refusing to proceed with the device adoption without an account. To me, this is a deal-breaker. The whole reason I enjoyed the TP-Link ecosystem is because it did not stonewall the users into online or cloud integration. Please give customers the ability to decide for themselves if they want account integration or not.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 232

Replies: 0