24/7 recording to micro SD card stops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

24/7 recording to micro SD card stops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:24/7 recording to micro SD card stops
2022-08-02 02:11:53

@Solla-topee 

Below are the results after I formatted the card to remove the camera images.  Keep in mind that the h2testw indicates that some file systems reserve space and the warning can be ignored.  The filesystem after formatting was ExFAT.

Warning: Only 120558 of 120559 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 5.60 MByte/s
Reading speed: 14.6 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Options
2022-09-01 19:29:38 - last edited 2022-09-01 19:31:20

@Solla-topee I am having the same issue with a 256gb card. I'm currently running the H2testw (which is taking forever with the size of the card). But everyday I get an error - either that a card is not inserted or that it needs to formatted. After formatting it works for about 24 hours. It shows to be FAT32 when inserted into the laptop and can view the saved event videos. It doesn't show any errors on my computer. 
camera is a KC420WS

my Kasa app appears up to date as well as the camera. (Anyway there is no notifications to update them). 

Options
2022-09-01 20:45:28

@Michellemlh 

Support deployed new firmware for me to evaluate.  I do not believe it is gernally available as my neighbor could not download it so they did something unique for me to obtain.  I applied the formware for my cameras on 8/9 and have not had experienced an issue since that timeframe; however, mine did not fail daily as you are experiencing.  I have the same camera as you so maybe they can make that code available to you to help test/evaluate.

Options
2022-09-14 03:06:43

Hello  @Michellemlh 

If SD card can not be formatted/ not recognized, please start  Start the New Thread and provide some case details, like the result of verifying the SD cards (H2testw result, it will need to take some time), the photo of SD card, the error etc. Thanks. 

Options