Can't add a Smart Action in the Kasa Smart application

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-04 23:59:24
Model: EC60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.3.13

I'm trying to add a Smart Action but the application tells me that the are "no devices yet", except I have a Kasa Spot EC60 (which in your documentation is a supported device) connected on the app.

I also cannot get motion detection recording working. I've followed all your knowledge base articles I could find and it is still not working.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't add a Smart Action in the Kasa Smart application
2022-08-05 06:38:35 - last edited 2022-08-05 06:39:14

Hello   @Concerned 

Thank you for the bug report.

If you wish set up camera motion-triggered  Smart Action,  please select ' Motion Sensing' option.

• Please confirm Kasa APP and the camera firmware are both up to date
  • Ensure Kasa camera is accessible remotely in the Kasa APP when the phone is on LTE mobile data or a non-local home Wifi network. 

If still the same, can you share a photo showing the problem, the Kasa APP version, model of phone and its OS version.

Please also share the MAC address of the camera with us via private message, thanks in advace. 

Options
2022-08-08 07:35:08

Hello   @Concerned 

May I know were you able to add smart camera in Smart Action when select Motion sensing , feel free to let us know for any further observation. Thanks!

Options
2022-08-08 23:48:40

@Solla-topee 

Both camera and app are up to date.

The camera is accessbile remotely.

As I said, when I attempt to set Motion Sensing on the Smart Action page I get "No Devices Yet" message even though there is the camera on the device page.

3f5dff6da36d473f9004d1162214d3db

The phone is a Motorola G6 Play and it's on Android version 9.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 323

Replies: 3