how to identify HS220 when connecting when multiple switches show up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-24 13:46:45
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi. I can't find the answer to this, but I am sure it is somewhere. I have installed a full house of HS220 dimmer switches. When programming one switch and connecting that switch to the house wifi...many other switches show up in the network search. How do I know which one is the switch I am programming at that point? All the switches are already installed so I can't look at code to identify that way. Thanks in advance for any help.

Options
3 Reply
Re:how to identify HS220 when connecting when multiple switches show up
2022-08-24 22:42:14

@bolorat 

Once a switch has been configured and linked to you your home wifi it will no longer broadcast the default network, so it shouldn't be showing up in an available network list as they won't be generating one anymore.  If they are that would indicate on face value that the other switches are not fully setup.

Options
2022-08-25 11:57:15

@Carl Thanks so much. We have been a bit sloppy on how we start to program switches. The others 5 or 6 that show up as I program one....maybe they have been primed to program. Is there any way to turn them off and identify any that are registering a signal on wifi? I don't mind starting over at all. We have 50 switches to deal with. Thank you.

Options
2022-08-25 17:27:49

@bolorat 

Not really but if they are on different breakers then that would be the simplest approach, just kill power to the switches.  That doesn't work though if they are on the same circuit. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 210

Replies: 3