ES20M Motion Sensing Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-31 22:09:35
Tags: #Dimmer #motion
Model: ES20M  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I installed 15 ES20M motion sensing light switches across my house. I had to turn of the motion sensing within a day due to some persistent issues.

Below are the issues -

1, Brightness settings

I have set the dimming / brightness level of bulbs at 40% However each time the light is activated by the motion sensor, the brightness goes to 100%. How do I get the switch to respect the configured setting?

2. Duration that light stays on

Even though there is a person in the room, the light switches off within a minute. How does one get the light to be less sensitive?

Gopal

Options
1 Reply
Re:ES20M Motion Sensing Switch
2022-11-01 04:34:37

@gopals 

Sir, I think more seat time working w/the switch is the first order of business for you.

Next, don't be reluctant to try other bulb brands if you can't dim as low as you'd like.   I can get to "is it even on yet?" with Feit and Walmart Great Values.   FWIW. unless commanded by a something different (Alexa, a routine or smart control), they will turn on to brightness level they were last turned off at.

You, like many of us, might appreciate the "preset" function I've requested in "suggestions" in recent days.   You might go look for that conversation and chime in of you too would find it helpful.

As to motion, it sounds like you mean "more" sensitive.  In any event, yes the switch has configurable motion sensitivity (range/amount of motion).   Look at the settings icon (gear), then "Motion Sensor".  They also have the ability to configure how long they turn on for and what turns them off.  Select the switch, find and look at "Smart Control", and explore a bit.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 240

Replies: 1

Tags

Dimmer
motion
Related Articles