Notification of heater usage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-18 00:52:31
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello -- I have a thermostatically controlled heater in my greenhouse.  I would like to get notified (preferably by text/email) when the heater goes on.  We tried using the Smart Plug for this -- and it does record the electricity use on the Kasa app but I would also like to get notified when the heather goes on.  We have HomeLink if that would help.  Any advice is appreciated.

LarryR

Options
1 Reply
Re:Notification of heater usage
2022-12-20 19:11:21

@LarrySF,

The Kasa platform is still growing in terms of automation capabilities so I will be sure to add a notify feature to our requests for our development team. 

For now, you're absolute best option is to use a service, such as Samsung Smartthings, to create complex automation for all the devices in your home, TP-Link or not. SmartThings is an official partner for our platform and provides a unified system for automating your home. 

When creating a Smart Action in Smartthings, there is an Action for 'Notify Someone' that can occur with any trigger you would expect. While I do not know what company provides HomeLink,  I would be surprised to find their service not available in SmartThings

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 1

Related Articles