Kasa Wall Switch to Control Kasa Bulbs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-25 16:05:26

I have a Kasa switch on the wall that controls my ceiling fan.  Inside the ceiling fan I have 3 Kasa multicolor bulbs.  Is there anyway to force the switch on the wall to control the 3 light bulbs as a group, instead of cutting power to the entire fan?  For example, if I hit the switch on the wall to turn the lights off, they no longer have power, so I can't use my voice to turn them back on.  However, if the kasa switch on the wall was simply a trigger to turn the lights off, they would still have power.

Is there a better way to do this?  Sometimes, I can't or don't want to use my voice to turn the lights on/off.  Basically I want to smart control the lights with the wall switch, with keeping power to the lights at all time.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Wall Switch to Control Kasa Bulbs
2023-01-25 18:26:48

@Sigmabond 

Yes!  You can use the Smart Actions 'Control with a Switch'.  This smart action allows you to control the status of other Kasa devices when the switch status changes. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 124

Replies: 1

Related Articles