Documentation Update Needed?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-04 00:26:20
Tags: #Documentation
Model: Tapo P125M  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 rel 102519

It should be mentioned to configure this device, then "Add to Home" as the last step (do everything within the Tapo app).

The accessory will then be visible within iOS Home app, already configured.

My smartplugs (from Amazon) had out-of-date firmware (though existing version never provided).

If only configured within the iOS Home app, its firmware update and related schedule may be missing.

Unsure if sharing with another user allowed w/o Tapo app first? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Documentation Update Needed?
2023-03-07 06:54:48 - last edited 2023-03-07 06:57:09

@PRoebuck 

Thank you very much for sharing improvement idea.

Can you check if instructions help you to add the already configured Matter device to Tapo APP  Matter Setup Guides for Alexa, Google and Apple

After setting up your device via Matter on third-party platforms, you should be able to add your device to the Tapo app and use the features in the Tapo app. 

Tapo Plugs can be shared to a family user by using APP -Device Sharing feature.

Feel free to share a photo of the error if you met any trouble. 

Options
Re:Documentation Update Needed?
2023-03-08 08:11:52

@Solla-topee 

No, the linked instructions are of no help whatsoever to the problem noted; I had already performed "Add to Apple via Matter".

This allowed the simple task of operating (i.e., turning on and off), but not family sharing (which is why I bothered attempting

with Tapo app to begin with). Once I started with an unconfigured plug and configured via Tapo app, I found a firmware update

was required (though no mention of such a need with iOS Home app, nor any FW update schedule).

Both apps assume I'm starting from an unconfigured state (i.e., from scratch), rather than simply attempting to augment an

existing configuration done via the other app. And I only add one of the four supported Matter platforms...

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 274

Replies: 2

Tags

Documentation
Related Articles