HS220 switch configuration issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-09 18:20:39
Model: Kasa HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an HS210 which was working fine.  I bought 2 HS220s to replace some older Treatlife dimmers.

The setup on the 220's was troublesome, even after finally being able to discover the first switch in the app.  I decided to install one at a time and they have different TP networks.

I get one to be recognized, the app controls it fine, and the manual controls work well, BUT the orange and green setup lights continue to flash.

Chat told me this was OK - but I don't think so.

I installed the second switch and same results.

When I switch back to my normal network on my iPhone the Kasa app shows the units as offline.

Any thoughts?

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS220 switch configuration issues
2023-03-10 18:16:45

@TBJ1946,

It looks to me as if the configuration process for the devices is not completing. After setting the device up in Kasa, the Wi-Fi of the switches should disappear as they will then be connected to your home network. If the lights are flashing, then this wi-fi was not disabled, or the setup failed. Does the setup process in the Kasa App indicate that the setup was completed?

Since you mentioned that you already had difficulty configuring the switches to your network, you may try connecting the devices to an IoT or Guest Network to see if the connection is being blocked by your router. This will also give you an opportunity to update the device's firmware if needed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 316

Replies: 1

Related Articles