These kl420l5s are useless to me after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-21 16:22:29
Model: KL420L5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

after i updated the firmware on my 3 kl420l5 strips last night every time i change colors on them they fade out and in for each change instead of how it was before it would just change colors instantly. so if i have them change colors fast they end up white i pray this is just a bug if this is the standard now ill have to find a new product  

Options
1 Reply
Re:These kl420l5s are useless to me after firmware update
2023-03-23 00:07:20

@Blackbeardaa,

This sounds as though it is an unintended behavior, If it is not a bug, I would assume that the white light for quick changes is not intended.

If you have both an iOS and Android device, can you see if the behavior is the same across the apps, or is limited to only one platform?

Also, Are you able to confirm that this is the case with all of your KL420l5's?

We do have a debug app that I can provide, which will either contain a fix for the issue, or will allow you to create an App Log that will be sent directly to our developers to take a look at. The process is different for iOS and Android, so please let me know which you are using.

Lastly, out of curiosity, do you know if this behavior is also seen when sending the commands to the strip via a partnered smart home platform such as Smartthings, Alexa, or Google Home?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 349

Replies: 1