Smart Dimmer Configuration keeps reverting to default

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-20 17:01:03 - last edited 2023-04-20 17:02:12
Tags: #Dimmer #Configuration
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

I have 20 HS220's in my house. From what I can tell, the default dimmer configuration is as follows:

• Double Press preset to 75%
  • Long Press Gentle On/Off

I changes those to the following:

• Double Press preset to 100%
  • Long Press preset to 1%

It will work for a while and then revert back to the defaults. I don't know when it happens, I just notice it when I go to use the dimmer later. I don't know if it happens on all of my HS220's but on a significant number of them.

Anyone else seeing this? I don't see a save option so i don't think that is the issue. When I make the changes and go back into Smart Dimmer Configuration the changes are there and they work. For a while.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart Dimmer Configuration keeps reverting to default
2023-04-21 16:45:39

@TonyKasaUser,

Thanks for reporting this. Have you used this same configuration each time that the device has reset the settings? It may be limited to one of the actions that you have set.

I created a similar automation on my device, so I will check later to see if the settings were reset.

Has this been happening since you got them, or is this something that you have just started to see pop up throughout your devices?

When the device go back to their default settings, approximately how long before did you make changes to the setting?

I would also recommend trying to reinstall the app on your phone, just to make sure that there is not some bugged setting that keeps overwriting the device settings.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
2023-04-22 20:51:37

@Riley_S 

Thank you for response. Here are the answers to your questions:

• I have used this same configuration each time. The intent is to be able to use the double press to get 100% lighting levels and a long press to get the lowest level availalble for night usage, etc.
  • What do you mean when you say "It may be limited to one of the actions you have set"?
  • As far as I can tell it has been happening since I put them in a year ago. It seems to happen within 24 hours of the change but that is best guess since I don't have any indication that it has changed until I use the light again. It will definitely save the configuration and work for a while before it reverts back
  • I have reinstalled the app on my iPhone to see if that does anything. I have it on two other devices so I will do the same thing there as well

Options
2023-04-24 22:15:39 - last edited 2023-04-28 14:30:13

@TonyKasaUser 

The ones I changed reverted back yesterday.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 378

Replies: 3

Tags

Dimmer
Configuration
Related Articles