EP10 smartplug stopped working, can't find network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-05 20:03:45
Model: EP10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've had the EP10 for months, and it's worked fine. Suddenly, one day, the Kasa app on my phone could no longer find the plug. I followed the directions in the app to reconnect it to the plug, but for some reason, the app doesn't list my router. It lists many other connections, and I'm in a place with a strong connection (my phone finds my router easily). I've tried manually putting in the Network Name and password, but when I reconnect to my network, it said setup failed.

My router is a Motorola MG8702.

Options
1 Reply
Re:EP10 smartplug stopped working, can't find network
2023-05-10 07:15:23

@ernieba1 

Hi, 
In this case, you can refer to Case 3 in the link below to troubleshoot.
What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

If the problem remains, please help confirm the following information.
1. Confirm if your router broadcast a 2.4G Wi-Fi network. If so, please share the Wi-Fi name, security type, and channel of the 2.4G Wi-Fi. And check if the password includes special characters.
2. Please disable the 5G Wi-Fi band on your router, and then check if your other devices, such as the phone and tablet, can detect the 2.4G Wi-Fi network.
3. Please ensure your phone has no VPN program running. 
4. If you enable a 2.4G guest network on the router, check if the smart plug can detect it when configuring.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 1