HS100 Won't connect to my wifinetwork

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-15 16:11:00 - last edited 2023-05-30 17:42:45
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: not known

Hi there,

I have two HS100's purchased at the same time, one works flawless the other less so.

The second one has dropped off my wifi this morning, and despite the following I cant get it to connect again. I can control it via the app with it transmissing on its own wifi.

I have:

Shut down all 5GHz signals,

Change channels on my BT Hub2 router, and used mode 3 to remove most of the modems smart functions.

Tried another phone, albeit both iphones running iOS 16.5 or 16.4.1(a)

Network connective ticked in iOS

VPN shut down

iPhone shut down and restarted

HS100 reset (more than once).

It will get to the stage where I can select my home wifi then spends an age appearing to try and conenct before the plugs goves up.

Anyone have any ideas please on what I can do to correct this please. 

Thank you

David

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HS100 Won't connect to my wifinetwork-Solution
2023-05-30 17:11:08 - last edited 2023-05-30 17:42:45

@RonaldAlbert 

i was only able to get the smart plug connected using the Kasa software on my iPad. How and why it didn't work using my iPhone I do not know! I didn't turn off the 5Ghz , strange!!

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:HS100 Won't connect to my wifinetwork
2023-05-15 22:59:46

@DBedford 

Hello David,  

Not familiar with that particular router.  I haven't seen it in the US, though much of the DSL service here has transitioned to Fiber. There could be a regional setting that we just are not familiar with, though I would suspect it is more related to 2.4GHz interference or Range.   Since you have a plug that is working.  I would temporarily disconnect it and try to set up the plug with a concern in that location.  If it is still having issues then you may have a defective product.  At that point you would need to either contact our Global community that handled the UK/Great Britain region here:  The community this thread is on is actually for the US region exclusively so official product support for other regions is best effort only.  If this one test fails you can also reach out to UK support directly by emailing them at support.uk@tp-link.com 

Options
Re:HS100 Won't connect to my wifinetwork
2023-05-30 13:38:00

Make sure that your HS100 device is within the range of your Wi-Fi router and that the signal strength is sufficient. If the device is too far away or experiencing weak signal strength, it may have trouble connecting. Try moving the HS100 closer to the router or consider using Wi-Fi range extenders or access points to improve signal coverage.

Regard,

ytmp3indir

Options
Re:HS100 Won't connect to my wifinetwork-Solution
2023-05-30 17:11:08 - last edited 2023-05-30 17:42:45

@RonaldAlbert 

i was only able to get the smart plug connected using the Kasa software on my iPad. How and why it didn't work using my iPhone I do not know! I didn't turn off the 5Ghz , strange!!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 346

Replies: 3

Related Articles