Usage feature in the app could be so much better

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-25 14:36:20 - last edited 2023-05-25 14:49:27
Tags: #Feature Request #app usage info
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I really wish kasa put more effort into the "usage" feature that is in the app for the hs200 wall switch. It is basically useless and has false information. 

Currently, it shows usage for the last 24 hours (today). past 7 days and past 30 days. That sounds great until you actually try to figure out how much use the wall switch gets per day. YOU CAN'T! If you use the switch for 3.08 hours just 1 day in a specific week and dont use it again that week, the app calculates the weekly use by multiplying the 3.08 by 7 which comes out to 21.6 hours. I can't get an accurate daily, weekly or monthly use number the way they are calculating and averaging. 

To make the usage feature in the app work properly and give useful information it MUST SHOW USE FOR EACH DAY. It would be nice to know exactly when the switch was turned on and off too. How hard would that be for kasa to implement? 

On monday the switch turned on at 12 noon and tuned off at 2pm. Then again on at 9pm and off at 10pm. A total use for monday would be 3 hours. 

On Tuesday switch on 9am to 1pm. total use for the day 4 hours

and so on and so on. 

The info the app gives now is all but useless. 

I emailed them and got a typical customer service response that they "appreciate my feedback" blah blah blah. Nothing about actually fixing the app. 

Does kasa ever think they could implement these more precise daily usage features along with the time of day the switches were turned on and off?  

Here's a picture of the issue Im asking about at the link below. Please copy and paste that link to your browser. The forum page would NOT allow me to upload a photo. Mods need to fix that too. 

https://imgur.com/a/ijqIVWx

Options
1 Reply
Re:Usage feature in the app could be so much better
2023-05-30 09:45:32

@D0N 

Hello, thank you for the feedback. Can you share a screenshot of the runtime displayed on your HS200? Normally, the runtime of the past 7 days or the past 30 days are accumulated based on the actual use of the equipment and does not cause the problem you are reporting.

Have you tried to factory reset the device and reconfigure it? How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart switch and plug

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 295

Replies: 1

Tags

Feature Request
app usage info