My wifi AX55 router dies on daily bases.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-31 14:17:29 - last edited 2023-06-05 07:30:45
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230511 rel.51682(5553)

Every day my wifi just stops working. I have to go and pull the power cord for a couple of minutes and plug it back in. The router is less than a year old. 

I have 1 AX55 router with 2 one-mesh extenders re550s.

Xfinity model (wifi but disabled) -> to AX55 to provide wifi.

It just now died again - i cant access on browser, instead I now get "Trying to configure the Router?".

I am sure I have something misconfigured, Ive never had issues like this before. This router was working fine up until a month ago. I am suspecting maybe the xfinity modem is the cause as this problem started when I upgraded the modem.

Thank you,

John

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:My wifi AX55 router dies on daily bases.-Solution
2023-06-05 07:30:27 - last edited 2023-06-05 07:30:45

Hello @kipper3d @PuglifeinAZ 

I'm tagging you to inform you that our engineering has provided me with a beta firmware, that they hope will solve the reported internet dropping issue since upgrading the Archer AX55's firmware to the latest 1.2.2 version. Please download the beta firmware from the below link and upgrade it manually on your AX55 to observe if the internet will be stable.

Solution to Archer AX55 V1 Firmware 1.2.2 Build 20230511 dropping internet issue

Please feel free to let me know if this beta firmware fixes the issue or not.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:My wifi AX55 router dies on daily bases.
2023-06-01 03:30:02

Having the same exact issue.

Options
2023-06-01 06:10:36

Hi @kipper3d 

Are the two RE550s connected to the AX55 via EasyMesh? Will they also lose the connection when the issue happens?

How about the wired connection, do you still connect to the internet if you connect a computer to the AX55 via an Ethernet cable at that time?

We do see some others also reporting similar dropout issues after upgrading the AX55 firmware to the latest 1.2.2 version, our engineers are currently aware of and are looking into the feedback surrounding this issue. To better assist you, we would like to follow up with you directly via email in order to diagnose the router configurations along with your network environment. The diagnosis won’t take long, and the steps involved are quite simple. Please check your email and reply.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-06-01 13:33:54

@Kevin_Z 

Yes the two RE550s are connected via easymesh. Sometimes the wifi still works but internet does not. Sometimes the wifi doesnt work either.

I will try and open the tether app and I only see one RE550 in the device list and the gateway url link to the router in the browser does not work.

Options
2023-06-01 15:09:41

@Kevin_Z 

Can I get some assistance as well? 

I have an RE605X and it is connected via EasyMesh and does lose connection when the issue happens. One by one, I start to see my wireless devices go down and finally the whole system goes down. When I go into the tether app my RE605x will no longer be listed and I am not able to get on to the AX55.

I have a computer hardwired via ethernet into the modem, so I am not sure if plugging something via either to router would allow connection to the internet. This leads me to believe it is not an internet issue but rather a router issue with the AX55.

Options
2023-06-02 01:37:43

@PuglifeinAZ 

Sure. I will escalate your case to our support engineers also, and they will help look into this further and help with a solution.

Please check your email box and respond to them.

Options
Re:My wifi AX55 router dies on daily bases.-Solution
2023-06-05 07:30:27 - last edited 2023-06-05 07:30:45

Hello @kipper3d @PuglifeinAZ 

I'm tagging you to inform you that our engineering has provided me with a beta firmware, that they hope will solve the reported internet dropping issue since upgrading the Archer AX55's firmware to the latest 1.2.2 version. Please download the beta firmware from the below link and upgrade it manually on your AX55 to observe if the internet will be stable.

Solution to Archer AX55 V1 Firmware 1.2.2 Build 20230511 dropping internet issue

Please feel free to let me know if this beta firmware fixes the issue or not.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-06-08 22:53:50

@kipper3d I have yet to try the beta - i heard others had issues with it. Ive have a busy week so I've not had time to take the network down to try the beta.

Options
2023-06-09 07:37:42

@kipper3d 

Thank you for the update. If that is the case, you may wait for the official firmware and update later. It won't take long to release an official version.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 524

Replies: 8

Related Articles