How to view Kasa KC401 using rtsp (VLC Media Player)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-17 20:05:57
Model: KC401  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Just picked these up and the picture quality is definitely better than what I am using now. I am having a problem accessing the feed using VLC. When at my PC I'd rather use my monitor to view the outside camera when necessary than my phone screen.

I've tried the following:

rtsp://<ip address>

rtsp://<ip address>:554

rtsp://<ip address>:554/video.mp4

rtsp://<ip address>/video.mp4

I found those in a help document for Quicktime on Mac, how can I do this on Windows w/ VLC?

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to view Kasa KC401 using rtsp (VLC Media Player)
2023-06-19 11:29:06

@NotAnotherZeke 

Hi, 
Our Kasa Cam does not support to be viewed via the RTSP stream, and it's suggested to use the Kasa app to manage the Kasa devices, and it can manage the Kasa devices locally and remotely.
Best Regards

Options
2023-06-19 12:18:26

@Solla-topee Thank you for the reply. Not being able to view them through rtsp is a deal breaker for me at the moment.

Options
2023-06-20 08:46:54

@NotAnotherZeke 

Hi,
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.

Currently, we have the Tapo Cameras support the RTSP steam, and here is the detailed instruction.

How to view Tapo camera on PC through RTSP stream?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 491

Replies: 3

Related Articles