Installing to an existing network.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-03 20:10:48
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just purchased this router for my wireless home nmetwork. Did the setup, but the router created another internet access point and did not pair with my modem. I now have to access point for wifi and no instructions on how to correct this.

I want to pair this with the Xfinity modem and use the connection as the modem. The instructions are not helpful and everything on line just has no solution for this.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Installing to an existing network.
2023-07-04 08:54:01 - last edited 2023-07-04 08:55:14

@Dave16 

Hi, do you mean you would like the TP-Link router have the same WiFi name and password as your main modem/router?

If so, you could login the web interface of the router and change the wireless settings manually on Advanced->Wireless->Wireless Settings page.

Options
Re:Installing to an existing network.
2023-07-14 00:36:34

@Dave16  If you want to use the xfinity gateway as a modem and the tp link router to control your devices, you need to put the xfinity gateway into bridge mode.

Options