HS110 Smart Plug reconnects to Deco's main network instead of IoT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-11 19:13:11
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Smart Plug (HS110) connects to the Deco's IoT network but then is "moved" to the main network for some reason.

I've tried factory resetting the plug, blocking & removing it from client list but the same thing happens.

Tried with a camera and it's only displayed under IoT > Clients.

Not sure if app, deco or smartplug issue, with how the network's client list is displayed since I never selected the non-IoT network when configuring the smart plug.

Update 1:

When the app requests which wifi network should the smart plug connect to, even if I select network_iot, it will request iOS for the non-iot SSID.

I've tried hiding the main network but the connection process won't finish (probably because it tries to connect to the main network).

Options
5 Reply
Re:HS110 Smart Plug reconnects to Deco's main network instead of IoT
2023-08-14 02:15:47

@Marc779 

What's the model, hardware and firmware version of your Deco system?

How about the hardware and firmware version of your HS110?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-08-15 01:15:36

@Wayne-TP 

Deco X55

US/1.6

Firm 1.2.7

HS-110

EU/1.0

Firm last available version

Deco App

Options
2023-08-15 10:54:33

@Marc779 

Checked with Deco team, there is a new beta firmware 1.2.8 with some fixes and improvement on the APP control. Can you try to install it and test if it helps?

Improve Network Status and APP Control on Deco X50/X55

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-08-15 22:42:03

@Wayne-TP Thanks for the update.

Tried with the beta firm but the same thing happens. The device is displayed on the Main network instead of IoT.

I did a factory reset before trying.

Options
2023-08-17 06:14:38

@Marc779 

Thank you for the update. To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 418

Replies: 5

Related Articles