Kasa Motion Switch and Dimmer Focused Feedback Opportunity

Kasa Motion Switch and Dimmer Focused Feedback Opportunity

12 Reply
Re:Kasa Motion Switch and Dimmer Focused Feedback Opportunity
2024-01-08 22:05:36

@Riley_S how about making it work at all to connect to network? I can't get this thing to work and its been weeks. this sucks

Options
Re:Kasa Motion Switch and Dimmer Focused Feedback Opportunity
2024-01-26 21:29:32 - last edited 2024-02-15 23:12:53

@Riley_S 

I am following this thread and waiting patiently for an update release that will solve these issues. I have a question and 2 feature requests:

- Will any update for KS200M model also work on KS220M model?

feature requests:

1- Add more smart actions which the app is already capable of but currently with limited smart actions (especially limited trigger\start actions). It would also be very useful to add FOR in addition to WHEN IF which is currently supported. 

Examples:

WHEN motion is triggered, THEN disable motion sensor FOR 30 min - 10 hours - permanently. 

WHEN switch is manually turned off, THEN disable motion sensor FOR 30 min - 10 hours - permanently. 

WHEN switch is manually turned on, THEN enable motion sensor FOR 30 min - 10 hours - permanently. 

WHEN switch is manually turned off, THEN disable all smart controls FOR 30 min - 10 hours - permanently. 

Example to link dimmers:

WHEN dimmer switch 1 is set to brightness XX, THEN set dimmer switch 2 & dimmer plug1 & dimmer plug2 to brightness XX (same brightness). 

2- I should be able to control the motion sensor using Alexa\google voice commands separately from the light.

For example: 

Disable the motion sensor using Alexa\google voice commands. 

Options

Tags

Official Highlighted Thread
Feedback Opportunity
Related Articles