Parental controls not working

2023-09-02 19:21:48 - last edited 2023-09-06 03:51:23
Tags: #Tether
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

The parental controls on my devices connected to the router have all of a sudden stopped working. I can now access content and websites that I previous blocked using parental controls on the tether app, even when I try pausing the internet using parental controls it doesn't seem to work. I updated my AX50 router's firmware and updated the tether app on my iphone. I also rebooted and reset the router to default settings and the parental controls still don't seem to work. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Parental controls not working-Solution
2023-09-05 08:45:16 - last edited 2023-09-06 03:51:23

@Shingula 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

We have reported the parental control issue to our senior engineers, they are actively working to resolve this issue and restore the functionality as quickly as possible.

Please pay attention to this thread for future update and solution: HomeCare Parental Control Suddenly Stopped Working

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Parental controls not working-Solution
2023-09-05 08:45:16 - last edited 2023-09-06 03:51:23

@Shingula 

We have reported the parental control issue to our senior engineers, they are actively working to resolve this issue and restore the functionality as quickly as possible.

Please pay attention to this thread for future update and solution: HomeCare Parental Control Suddenly Stopped Working

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Parental controls not working
2023-09-22 01:09:32

@Shingula same problem here. Two or three weeks ago my Tether connected AX50 also lost all ability to block websites, set time limits, bedtime, block devices, everything. I've tried powering off/on router, reinstalling software, even did a factory reset. Nothing. If issue doesn't resolve soon I'll be looking for different router and parental control software AND LEAVING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK/REVIEWS on Amazon and several other sites. 

Options
2023-10-06 03:00:33

@Sunshine 

Hello, I have a router that is not listed that is giving me the same problems. I've started a new thread here

Please help!

Thank you

Sunshine wrote

@Shingula 

Options
2024-01-12 02:55:13

Hi, has this issue been resolved? I have an Archer AX50. The tether app is connected to the router but is not responding to parental controls, ie time limits, bed time etc. can you please let me know if this is an issue on my end or the tether app?

Thank you.

Options
2024-02-01 02:31:27

@Antdoc83 

Same issue still, with the same router (Archer AX50). I just spent a good 45 min with tech support going through different options, including firmware update and several reboots; same issue still. Tech support told me the unit was "defective" and there is nothing else that can do since its out of warranty. Parental controls were working just fine until that big Tether App update came in last year.

This has got to be a software issue. blocking web sites is the only thing that is not working properly with the router. I guess TP link simply does not care for the specific users of the AX50. Maybe it's time to move to another brand

Antdoc83 wrote

Hi, has this issue been resolved? I have an Archer AX50. The tether app is connected to the router but is not responding to parental controls, ie time limits, bed time etc. can you please let me know if this is an issue on my end or the tether app?

Thank you.

Options
2024-03-22 14:52:30

@Shingula I have a Deco X55Pro mesh system and the parental controls are not recording websites visited.  I use to see all of them in a day, now just 2-12 views are seen even though the limit on the phone was 3+hours.  I have unistalled and reinstalled the Deco app on my phone and I have reset my Deco system and still no website viewed loading. last update which says my Wi-Fi s last update is up to date is firmware version 1.3.0 Build 20240204 Rel. 33148

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1033

Replies: 6

Tags

Tether
Related Articles