Adding KS225 Dimmer to Apple Home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-11 01:38:58 - last edited 2023-09-11 01:51:32
Model: Kasa KS225  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Hello All - has anyone had any success adding the KS225 dimmer to Apple Home via the Matter standard?  I was able to set up the dimmer and get it working via the Kasa app, but have been not able to add it into the iOS home app.  Have tried using the Matter setup code on the dimmer and have looked for it in the list of Matter devices under Settings-General-Matter Accessories.  Thanks all!

Edit - If i could figure out how to do a factory reset I think I could get it figured out, but I see no guide anywhere on how to do that.  

Options
3 Reply
Re:Adding KS225 Dimmer to Apple Home
2023-09-11 11:46:32

@IlliniInDG 

If you have successfully configured the device on the Kasa App, the matter code on the box/device will become invalid.

To configure the device on a second matter hub, you will need to generate a new code within the Kasa App.

>>Launch Kasa App, go to device page ->Device Settings ->Device Info ->Matter Code Setup

How to add your Matter-Certified device into multiple controllers

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-09-11 13:14:09

@Wayne-TP Thanks for your reply!  See attached, I do not have that option on my app

Options
2023-09-12 09:52:51

@IlliniInDG 

Kindly update device firmware to 1.0.2 and go to App Store to ensure the Kasa App is the latest version. Then check if you can find the matter code here.

<Kind reminder: For safety concerns, it is recommended that you edit the image and delete the device Mac address information.>

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 856

Replies: 3

Related Articles