Tapo C210 Camera Stops Live feed to ask if I want to keep viewing!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-28 16:15:27
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

I have read threads from several other users commenting on this problem and I wanted to share what I have found.

I believe this issue is related to which WiFi signal (2g vs 5g) your Tapo camera and viewing device are on. When the Tapo camera is on a different signal than my viewing device (iPhone and iPad in this case), it still works, but I get the "Do you want to continue viewing" popup dialog, but when they are on the same signal, I don't get the popups.

Many routers by default broadcast their 2g and 5g signals under the same SSID. So it may be difficult to know which signal (2g or 5g) your device is actually on. For several reasons, I use seperate SSIDs for 2g and 5g. You can change this in your router's settings. While many devices (like printers and other computers) still show in the home network and function fine regardless of which signal they're on, I think this causes the above described problem for Tapo cameras.

If you make sure your camera and viewing device are on the same signal (in my case the 5g SSID), the problem should be resolved and you'll get no popups and the live feed will be uninterrupted.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo C210 Camera Stops Live feed to ask if I want to keep viewing!
2023-10-12 14:34:10 - last edited 2023-10-12 14:38:05

@malcolm-b I do not believe your theory is correct (at least in my situation with C110) regarding wifi signal. Just yesterday I was watching live feed from C110 in the basement on my phone upstairs for an extended period, both on 2g, both connected to the same Deco X55 (only using 2g for wifi has 5g turned off) and I'd get the popup message every 5 minutes.

Options
Re:Tapo C210 Camera Stops Live feed to ask if I want to keep viewing!
2023-12-01 07:42:10

@malcolm-b 

The popup message is quite annoying. I do believe it only appears when the cameras and phone are using a different network. 

SON (Self-Organizing Network) settings of the router may play a role in this through I have not confirmed.

Options