Tapo LED Light Strip L900-10(US) help...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-26 23:23:34

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to find the section for LED light strips in the forum, nor am I able to put my model number in as well (it defaults to L900-5), so I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section.

Anyways, I hope someone can help me with an issue with setting up my TAPO L900-10(US) LED lighting kit, it comes with a splitter for the 2 LED strips. One of the LED strip will be connected as normal into the splitter, but on the other one, I need to extend it about 30ft away to the opposite wall. I've been trying to find extension wiring on Amazon and so far, none of them would work. I can't seem to find any extension cable that'll fit into the 4 Pin splitter end, are the connectors with TAPO proprietary? I've ordered & tried 2 different extension kits, none of them would fit in the splitter female connector & had to return them. Do I need to strip the cable and wire it myself? Does anyone have a solution that they've had similar issue for extending the LED lights?

I also purchased those 4 Pin snap-on connectors, comes in L & T configurations, as I need the 2nd LED strip to go around the back of a large painting that's 18' x 6'. I just need the extension to reach the other side of the wall in order to do that. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Appreciate any input or advice, thanks in advance.

PS, not much of an electrician but I can solder (beginner).

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo LED Light Strip L900-10(US) help...
2023-10-27 00:10:59

@ThingZero 

"Light Bulbs" is the correct category for light strips.  I have added the Tapo L900-10 to our system so you can now add it for future posts.   

Unfortunately, we do not have any official solutions for you.  TP-Link does not make any extenders. As an official response, I would suggest purchasing a Tapo L900-5 for the extended area.  This comes with a single connector on the controller but is otherwise the same 5-meter strip.  As long as that controller is still within range of a wireless signal you should be able to connect it to your network and control it just like the strip on your L900-10.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 423

Replies: 1

Related Articles