Manually add smart switch to my account

2023-11-30 01:46:30

I am having smart switches installed in a second house I have.  Is there  way to add them to my account since I am not in Wi-Fi range?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Manually add smart switch to my account
2023-12-01 18:23:52

@here4real,

Unfortunately, no. You can register the devices via the warranty portal - but as far as useful functionality, it is not possible.

When the devices are configured to your TP-Link account, your phone will need to connect to your Switches set wi-fi before they can connect to your home network.

Since you will not be there for the installation, you will need to reboot the switches or perform a factory reset via the button on the front to initiate the configuration process when you are there. This is because after 15 minutes of not being setup, the devices will stop broadcasting their wireless network and only function as a normal switch/dimmer.

Options
Re:Manually add smart switch to my account
2023-12-01 18:28:54

@Riley_S 

Thank you for the quick reply.  A bit disappointing.  The Nest doorbells allow you to connect them to your account using the physical QR code (so it doesn't need to be scanned).  This would be a nice feature to add, if possible.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 155

Replies: 2

Related Articles