Offline line on SO phone

Offline line on SO phone

Offline line on SO phone
Offline line on SO phone
2023-11-30 11:24:43
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

We have multiple Tapo cameras for outdoor use, wifi and battery powered. After charging them recently, all of them are still showing offline on my significant other's app on his phone. My app is fine and has no issues. We've tried rebooting his phone, uninstall/reinstall his app, sign out/sign back in, and rebooting the router. Nothing has worked. His app still shows everything is offline. Any suggestions? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Offline line on SO phone
2023-11-30 20:39:31

@Jmbhome,

Is his phone connected to the same network that your phone is? Or, if you disconnect from the Wi-Fi, do the cameras appear as offline?

Is his phone using the same account as your phone, or is it his own account that you have shared devices with?

It's possible that the cameras have lost their connection to the cloud and are only communicating with your phone via Wi-Fi. While rebooting your router should have solved this, try rebooting the cameras. You may also consider changing the DNS server of your network to a common service such as Google or Cloudflare, if it is not already.

I would also check to see if there are any VPN settings enabled on his phone that could be interrupting his phone's connection with the servers.

Lastly, try connecting his phone to the same network as the cameras and seeing if the cameras then show as available. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 207

Replies: 1

Related Articles