ES20M compatibility with Parmida LED dimmable disk light?

2023-12-01 01:12:13 - last edited 2023-12-02 22:17:01
Model: ES20M  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have the Parmida dimmable LED disk lights available here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MTAFXZ9

The instructions for the light say that it's only compatible with some dimmer switches and it lists a number of known working switches from Lutron and Leviton.

I tried it with my ES20M and at full brightness, works great. But if I dim at all, it starts to flicker.

Questions:

1. Is this a sign that the ES20M is incompatible with this LED light?

2. Are there other Kasa smart dimmer switches that would work with this LED light?

Many thanks,

ak

Options
2 Reply
Re:KS220M compatibility with Parmida LED dimmable disk light?
2023-12-01 17:37:30

@akdb8r,

You can take a look at this FAQ: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2939/

But you are correct in that flickering lights are normally caused by the lights not using a compatible dimming type. I would recommend looking for or reaching out to the light's manufacturer to see what dimming type the bulbs are compatible with.

Options
Re:KS220M compatibility with Parmida LED dimmable disk light?
2023-12-01 23:10:56 - last edited 2023-12-02 22:19:00

Thank you, @Riley_S! I've confirmed with Parmida that it uses a TRIAC (electronic) dimmer.

Do you think that if I switched to a different Kasa dimmer (e.g., HS220) that it could work with this light? Or would I just experience the same behavior?

(Also, a small note, but I put the wrong Kasa model in my original post. I've since edited the post to indicate the correct model, which is ES20M.)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 165

Replies: 2

Related Articles