Switch installation issue

2023-12-23 20:05:14
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I am installing a hs220 v2.10 that I purchased 2 years ago but never installed.  These are unopened boxes until today.

wired it correctly.  It shuts light off and on.

i have the green and orange flashing light 

I join the TP-Link-smartdimmer SSID when the app prompts me.

the app tries to connect.  I am less than a foot from the switch.  And it fails.

i have given access to location services

i am not on a vpn

i have reset the switch 

still will not connect to the tp link said on initial setup

running an apple iphone 15 with the latest iOS 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Switch installation issue
2023-12-30 22:39:12
This seems to be a consistent issue. I’ve read several identical posts on this community, but never see a good solution from TP Link. Hopefully they will answer you as I’m having the same problem.
Options
2024-02-07 08:14:11

@minelson  did you ever get it figured out? I've encountered the same issue and just swapped the HS 220 v3 with another new HS 220 v3 and still have the same identical issue as you described. 

I have another HS 220 v3 in the wall about 3 inches away that I installed successfully about six months ago. They are on 2 different circuits though.

Options
2024-02-18 15:36:00

@minelson Please let me know if you figured out a solution. I am having the exact same issue with the HS220 dimmer switch. I have tried 3 different identical dimmer switches and they all have the same issue. The non-dimming switches, plugs and bulbs I have installed around my house have never been an issue. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 187

Replies: 3

Related Articles