Can't seem to get Tapo S505D smart dimmer switch to work with my Amazon Echo first generation

Can't seem to get Tapo S505D smart dimmer switch to work with my Amazon Echo first generation

2024-01-04 03:42:26
Model: S505D  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 231024 Rel.201030

I have an Amazon Echo first generation smart speaker that I've been using with various Belkin Wemo devices. I installed a Tapo S505D dimmer today to find out that I can't apparently get it to work with my Amazon Echo. The Echo isn't compatible with Matter (according to Amazon) and I can't find a way to link it otherwise to the Echo.

Has anyone figured out how to link the dimmer switch to the first generation Amazon Echo? I didn't see any fine print on the Tapo S505D listing page indicating Echo support is limited in any way.

On the plus side, I've gotten this added to both Apple HomeKit and Google Home at the same time (as well as Home Assistant) - which is pretty amazing to see. Now I just need to get it working with my Echo.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't seem to get Tapo S505D smart dimmer switch to work with my Amazon Echo first generation
2024-01-19 23:52:39

@nedarb 

Adding your Tapo devices to Amazon Alexa are as simple as linking the Tapo Skill to your Alexa account.  This FAQ will walk you through this process.  Let us know if this helps. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 155

Replies: 1

Related Articles