KS205 Matter integration does not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-24 05:16:26
Model: Kasa KS205  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I have a KS205, was very excited to begin using Matter devices. However, seems like there's some issues with the implementation. Google Home has no issues adding the device to my home, but after that the device is permanently offline. With Home Assistant, I manage to do all the setup up until the point of "Adding to Home Assistant", and then it fails with an error. Anyone else has found these issues?

Options
1 Reply
Re:KS205 Matter integration does not work
2024-01-27 01:53:28

@FreemanAMG,

Do you have any other matter devices already in your network. In my personal experience, the first device is more finicky during the setup process than subsequent connections.

If you are using the QR code for setup, you may try using the code instead; I believe that the code uses a different setup method than the QR scanning method.

You may try connecting the device to Tapo to see if there is an available firmware update for the device. 

Also, make sure that you are performing a full factory reset before trying to configure the first device; it is extremely easy to accidentally only perform soft reset of the device which will not reset the known matter controllers on the device.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 473

Replies: 1

Related Articles