KL125 turns off randomly, and Alexa turns on light when snoozing alarm

2024-01-27 20:38:03 - last edited 2024-01-27 20:44:05
Model: KL125  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.13

Hello,

In my Living Room I have a KL125 bulb and it will turn off randomly.  I have done a reset, disconnected bulb from my account and reconnect it.  It still happens.  

Also, my boys have their alarms go through their Echos (Alexa) and when my younger son tells his Alexa to either Snooze or Dismiss, it turns on all the KL125 bulbs in the house that have power to them.  I cannot find how to disable this.  I have contacted Amazon and they didn't know.  Please help!

Options
4 Reply
Re:KL125 turns off randomly, and Alexa turns on light when snoozing alarm
2024-01-29 22:58:39

Hey @chewey_46,

First, for the KL125 that will turn off randomly, does the light turn back on immediately after? 

There is a setting in the Kasa App for how the bulb should behave when being turned on by a power source, rather than the app. I would try to set this to "Last ON State," and see if the behavior continues. I would also recommend trying the bulb in another fixture.

It sounds as though there may be a routine or automation set up for your Alexas. It may have been automatically configured when you connected your devices. I have also seen similar behaviors caused by automation set on a connected phone, such as Samsung's sleep routines.

I would recommend looking around the Alexa App to see if there are any routines set, and to take a look at the activity section of the Alexa app to see if there is additional information as to what caused the lights to turn off. (I would check this for the first KL125 also). There is also an option in the Alexa routines to trigger behaviors like this for any alarms coming through your Echos. 

Options
2024-02-05 15:53:34
Hi Riley, There are 4 bulbs that turn on when my son dismisses his alarm on the Echo. I looked for routines in my Alexa app but cannot find any. I will try the "Last On State," in the settings and will let you know if that works
Options
2024-02-07 05:48:44
I think I found something else. My son's Echo is the furthest away from my router, I hooked it up to my extender, hopefully this will fix the issue. I have a feeling I am getting closer!
Options
2024-02-07 05:51:40
Riley, your first question, no it does not turn back on. We have to ask the Echo (Alexa) to turn the light back on (Living Room Light). It will turn back on. This seems to be the only light in my house that does this.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 159

Replies: 4

Related Articles