Transfer KasaCare subscription to TapoCare?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-01 00:54:46
Tags: #KasaCare
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have 2 Kasa indoor cameras that are on a KasaCare plan with 6 months left on the subscription.  I have now purchased 2 Tapo outdoor cameras and installed the Tapo app, which immediately offered to link my existing Kasa cameras.  However, linking them to the Tapo app means they are no longer on the KasaCare plan.  Is there a way to sign up for the TapoCare program and transfer the remaining 6 months of my KasaCare subscription to that plan?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Transfer KasaCare subscription to TapoCare?
2024-02-01 22:29:13

@Malbone 

Linking your Kasa Cameras to the Tapo App does not stop the KasaCare service, as those cameras can still be managed in the Kasa App.  However, if you are subscribing to TapoCare for the other two cameras it would be cheaper to subscribe to a TapoCare account plan which will allow you to have cloud storage for up to 10 cameras.  However, if you want the Kasa Cameras to be part of the TapoCare plan you would have to cancel the KasaCare coverage first.  There is no way to transfer a KasaCare subscription to TapoCare.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 258

Replies: 1

Tags

KasaCare
Related Articles