Dimmer Switch Making High Pitched Sound

2024-02-18 01:18:25 - last edited 2024-02-18 02:47:05
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

Hi everyone,

Hope you are having a good day. My dimmer switch is making a high pitched sound that is only audible when I put my ear against it. Is it a concern for me?

First of all allow me to put out my disclaimer: I have absolutely zero experience in electrical devices and I have been told I can hear faint sound others cannot.

With that said I have all my home light switches changed to Kasa smart switches. So far everything works well. Recently I noticed that one of the dimmer switches is making a high pitched sound when I put my ear against it. The sound is faint and cannot be heard normally. But the other switches are not making this sound. 

Summary:

the sound is only audible when putting my ear physically on it, to film it on my phone i had to take off the wall plate and put my phone on the switch.

it sounded different than the electrical buzzing sound I found online with other people.

the sound is present at all dimmer levels and also when it's off.

the switch functions and dims normally.

the switch is not hot.

So I would like to tap into the collective intellect of this community to help me understand if this is normal. I hope I am paranoid and this is normal operation of the switch but want to be abundantly cautious before making assumptions. The last thing I want is to have a potential fire hazard at home.

I am trying to upload a video recorded on my phone but it says Failed to upload. I will try to respond to this thread with that video.

Thanks everyone, 

RJ

Options
1 Reply
Re:Dimmer Switch Making High Pitched Sound
2024-02-18 15:48:30
I found a spare dimmer switch of the same model, placed the existing one, there is no more sound.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 120

Replies: 1

Related Articles