KS220 Not powering on but connected to wifi
2024-02-24 19:25:34
Tags: #Dimmer #No power
Model: KS220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

TLDR;  

Problem:

Wired the KS220 switch properly and configured it wifi. When testing and pushing the power button, the swith does not power on the lights. The wires are for a single pole switch and I wired the switch to the correct wires and the switch still does not work. 

Temp Fix: 

I replaced the KS220 with a non-smart dimmer switch and it works. 

A more detailed explanation 

I replaced a single pole (2 wires) light switch with the KS220. I wired the load (Black wire) to the black screw and the line (White wire) to the white wire. Wired the green wire (Ground) to ground. The switched powered up and I was able to go through the app to connect it to wifi and configure it. During the test section, when selected the max brightness and testing for flickering, the light does not power on. Rechecked the wires and made sure things were wired correctly. Still nothing. 

I replaced the KS220 with the single pole light switch and the lights power on. I checked the light bulbs to make sure they are dimmable and they are. 

I installed a non-smart switch dimmer switch to make sure its not just the KS220 acting up, the non-smart switch dimmer works and dims the lights as so. 

The problem lies in the KS220. Do I need to get a jumper wire to wire to the 3-way (Red) screw? I'm stomped to why this is not working. 

Please advice on the next steps please. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 69

Replies: 0

Tags

Dimmer
No power
Related Articles