HS103 Smart Plug "can not connect to the server" when attempting to enable Remote Control

HS103 Smart Plug "can not connect to the server" when attempting to enable Remote Control

2024-03-06 04:39:19
Tags: #Setup and Configuration #Remote Access
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

I am having the same issue as this user:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/smart-home/forum/topic/518720

I tried following the troubleshooting steps provided but that does not fix my issue either. I am using a TP-Link A7 router for reference.

Happy to provide MAC ID via private message.

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS103 Smart Plug "can not connect to the server" when attempting to enable Remote Control
2024-03-07 00:14:15

Hey @seattleguy,

Do you happen to know if the device was previously working as expected?

The remote control feature is normally removed from view when the device is first configured to your TP-Link account. First, ensure that the device's firmware is up-to-date as it does look like there is a newer version according to your firmware download page. If the update cannot be found, I would recommend revisiting your firewall and DNS settings. 

Otherwise, try resetting the device all the way back to factory defaults to see if the remote control feature will automatically be enabled during the setup process when added to your TP-Link ID.

Options