Port forwading isnt working

2024-04-05 10:02:07
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

Hey

so I have been trying to set up my plex server recently but my AX50 has been fighting against me. The instructions are pretty simple how to set up your router however I never got a direct connection with my servers so everything was very laggy and basically unusable. after trying a whole bunch of things i downloaded a port checker and discovered that the port i manually set up in my router actually isn't open. any idea why this happening and what to do?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Port forwading isnt working
2024-04-05 19:32:26 - last edited 2024-04-06 00:18:25

@David87 

There are three reasons for this:

1. Double/CG NAT - Your public IP address should be the same as the IP address on the AX50 WAN (Internet) port.

2. MIsconfigured plex server - there's must be an active service configured on the port in question, to be identified as open port.

3. Misconfigured firewall - the port in question is not opened on the local server firewall.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Port forwading isnt working
2024-04-05 23:36:02

@David87 

I have found it a good practice to reboot or power cycle the router after router changes. It has caused me issues when I did not. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 88

Replies: 2

Related Articles