HS220 occasionally change status by not actual lights

Hace 2 semanas
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

I have several HS220 dimmers in my house that I put in a few years ago, and all of them seem to have an issue where occasionally you turn them off, but lights stay on, or you turn them on, but lights stay off. The status indicator on the switch itself changes and the status in the app changes, but the lights themselves being controlled by the switch don't. I've had this happen when using the switch manually, controlling the switch via the app, and when controlling the switch via Amazon echo speakers. The only solution is to toggle the switch two more times. This is most annoying when using the Alexa speakers because you ask for the light to be turned on/off and nothing happens, so you assume the stupid speaker is just being annoying and ask again, and again, and it's only when you finally get up and go walk to the switch itself that you see it is actually on/off even though the lights themselves aren't in the matching state.

I only have this issue with the dimmers - none of the regular or 3-way switches do this. I seem to experience this at least once a week with some switch somewhere in the house. I notice it the most with switches I use the most and there are some lesser-used ones that I can't say for sure I've seen it on, but it seems to just be a random thing they all do. Sometimes a single switch will do it multiple times a day or a couple days in a row, then go months before it does it again. It hovers somewhere between the point of being confusing and being annoying.

Have others experienced this as well? Is there any solution for it, or do you just have to live with it?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 22

Replies: 0

Related Articles