Restart TP-link Kasa switch remotely

2024-05-16 14:06:01
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is it possible to restart a Kasa switch remotely from the app or with a command sent to it? I am using Openhab to monitor my devices and quite often it will show them offline. But in the app they are showing connected. Even Alexa can still see them. I have to push the restart button and then the device will connect again in Openhab. I would really like to be able to send a command from Openhab when this happens to restart the device, but doing it from tha app would help also, as this happens when I am not around to push the button. I have 46 devices.

Maybe this can be an enhancement.

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:Restart TP-link Kasa switch remotely
2024-05-17 17:10:34

Hi @RBartlett,

Currently, the Kasa app doesn't offer a way to restart a Kasa Smart Light Switch remotely. We appreciate the feedback, though, and I'll pass it along to our Kasa team for future consideration.

If the devices reliably show as online everywhere except within OpenHAB, the first step I would take would be to reach out to the OpenHAB Community to see if any other users are experiencing what you are, whether this is related to OpenHAB itself and if they have any recommendations they can provide.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options
Re:Restart TP-link Kasa switch remotely
3 weeks ago

I would still like to see the ability to remotely restart the device or to restart them on a schedule. 
I did resolve my issues with so many devices going offline in OpenHab. I have the Deco E75 Mesh Routers. I have 3 of them hardwired together because of the distance between them. What I found is that by assigning a device to a specific router and turning off Mesh hopping for the device, this eliminated the issues I was having. Since doing this, I have not had one device go offline in OpenHab.

Options