HS300 Random full reboots/restarts/power cycles of all outlets
HS300 Random full reboots/restarts/power cycles of all outlets
2024-06-02 14:09:21
Model: HS300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.21

Hello,

Issue:

Maybe within the last six months or so, the HS300 has decided to randomly reboot throughout the day.  When I say reboot, I am not sure if it's a reboot, or some sort of reset, because it shuts off all 6 outlets at the same time and they come right back on.

Use Case:

I'm using it to monitor and save energy on mostly work laptop type stuff.  Up until maybe the last 6 months, it's worked great at that task.

Plug 1:  Google Home/Nest Mini

Plug 2:  My main monitor for work

Plug 3:  Computer speakers

Plug 4:  Wife's gaming laptop  (I don't remember exactly, but I think it's 320W power brick or less)

Plug 5:  Work laptop (65W brick I think)

Plug 6:  Work Monitor

The load of items doesn't seem to be anything even approaching the load types on page 2:  https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202012/20201211/1910012957_HS300(US)_UG_V1.pdf  I also have more home electricial knowledge than the average person from a prior electrician apprenticeship, so I understand that the whole circuit in the house can't be more than 1800 watts (120V * 15A).  I don't think I have it overloaded by any stretch of the imagination.

Each plug has it's own schedule to shut off outside of certain hours to attempt to save standby energy on work devices.

Any ideas?  I went through the schedules on more than one occasion to be sure it wasn't something I did, and also checked to make sure there wasn't any "away/vacation" mode set on it.

Thanks,

Mike

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 89

Replies: 0

Related Articles